Bridging the Gap Between Jobs and Employers

Job: Residential Treatment Coordinator

*If you experience any difficulty in applying online or uploading your resume please send your resume directly to us here: Social Service Staffing Email. If you don’t see an email window pop up, please copy and paste this address into your email client –

If you’ve registered with us previously, please login now. If you’d like to register, please click the ‘Register’ link below.: : Register | Forgot your password?
Title Residential Treatment Coordinator
Categories Northern California
Position Type PERMANENT
Salary $18 – $19/ hr
Location Pleasant Hill
Job Information

We are hiring for FT, PT and Relief.

Provides care and supervision for up to six foster youth in a licensed, Short Term Residential Treatment Program. Contributes to maintaining a safe, structured, family friendly and therapeutic environment where respect, accountability, compassion, diversity, inclusion and integrity are valued and demonstrated. The Residential Treatment Counselor assists residents with all aspects of daily living including hygiene and schoolwork. Performs a variety of tasks that are necessary in a residential program including cooking, cleaning and transportation. Is responsible for maintaining current health records for the residents, making sure they receive yearly physical examinations, dental check-ups, and treatment for any illness or injury during the resident’s stay. Distributes and charts medications. Accompanies and supervises residents on community outings. Implements all house rules and program policies.

Minimum Qualifications:

Residential Treatment Counselors shall meet one of the following requirements prior to employment:

  • Have a Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree.
  • Or have a valid Child Development Teaching Permit.
  • Or have completed 12 semester units of Early Childhood Education, Adolescent Development, or Foster and Kinship Care Education and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth.
  • Or have a valid certificate as an Alcohol Counselor, Drug Counselor or Alcohol and Drug Counselor, and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth.
  • Or have a valid Vocational Training certificate, credential or documentation demonstrating that the individual is a trade journeyperson who instructs children in vocational skills and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth; or
  • Or have previously been employed as a staff or volunteer at a group home or short-term residential therapeutic program or group home for at least one year.
  • Have relevant experience as determined by the department to meet any of the above requirements.
  • Experience in a residential treatment field preferred. Experience in a treatment program for adolescents and children may be substituted.
  • Possess a CA driver’s license, with no restrictions. Driving is an essential function of this job.


Apply Now