Resident Services Coordinator
This is temporary, full time for a few months. Our client brings people and resources together to develop, manage, and support sustainable affordable housing where residents are partners in advancing equitable communities. One of the primary ways we do this is through the work led by our Resident Services team. They provide essential, site-based programs that promote housing stability, increase economic wellbeing, strengthen social cohesion, and foster overall quality of life for affordable housing residents at our 20 housing communities in North Sacramento, South Sacramento, and Yolo County.
We are hiring a Resident Service Coordinator I. The RSC I is an entry-level position.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Direct Resident Service Coordination and Individual Assistance
· Provide individual resident assistance, including support with applying and/or maintaining public benefits, maintaining housing stability, seeking employment, or budgeting.
· Support residents with concerns about the property and neighbors, including mediation, crisis intervention, housekeeping issues, and housing re-certifications. Receive and address referrals for support from Property Management team. Collaborate with tenant case managers, if available.
· Develop and maintain a service provider referral network. Refer residents to address needs not covered by our team and follow up on progress.
· Host service partners that are relevant to resident needs at resident meetings or through group workshops.
· Provide good customer service, acting courteously, compassionately, and responsively to all residents.
Resident Community Building and Leadership Development
· Recruit and build relationships with residents in an inclusive manner through door-knocking, one-on-one meetings, fliers, phone calls, and other methods as deemed effective. Facilitate planning, coordinate and host resident community engagement activities with a goal of building neighbor connectedness.
· Build relationships with community-based organizations and connect residents with engagement opportunities with local programs, events, and advocacy groups.
· Support the development of resident groups, associations, or committees as requested by residents, including supporting residents in participation property resident councils.
Partnerships and Property Management Coordination
· Coordinate with Property Management on services provided for residents, including:
o Meeting on a bi-weekly basis to discuss referrals, assess service needs, discuss resident concerns, plan resident meetings and events, and discuss other developments related to the property and residents.
o Focus on residents in jeopardy of losing their housing by brainstorming Service, Case Manager (if available), and Property Management solutions.
o Discuss and collaborate on property and resident safety concerns.
o Planning, designing, and participating in resident meetings, property events, and other activities together.
· Build service partnerships with local organizations for referrals, resident education, and community building opportunities.
Program Planning, Evaluation, and Reporting
· Accurately and efficiently enters data into various online customer tracking systems in a timely manner.
· Provide accurate and timely reporting on resident status using digital and paper case files, following standards on case note writing and based on document and privacy standards.
· Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual reports in a timely manner, including program reports, client surveys, client success stories, event summaries, and program photos.
· Develop, follow, and meet goals set in property Annual Service Plans based on resident need and agency deliverables.
· A minimum of two years of experience in basic social service delivery, with preference for experience in property-based social services.
· Experience and proficiency in working in diverse, low-income communities with cultural competency and sensitivity, and inclusive practices.
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Passes criminal, DOJ, and other background checks.