November 29, 2022 |
Position Type: DIRECT HIRE
Salary: $19.50/ hr
Services are provided in small groups of individuals who determine and direct the activities and services. The scope of the activities and community experiences include: self-advocacy, job exploration and training, paid employment, mobility training, educational opportunities, social skills training, recreational activities, and volunteerism.
- Supports people in developing services designed to assure self-determination, maximum independence, and self-sufficiency in the community.
- Implements direct support services for people in community settings.
- Assists people to make choices that will assure achievement of personal goals and objectives.
- Develops contacts and collaborative arrangements with community agencies, services, businesses, and individuals as needed to meet goals and objectives.
- Communicates opportunities for community job sites to the Program Coordinator.
- Provides support for community activities and job coaching at job sites as needed.
- Provides mobility training.
- Monitors job placements and other community activities and provides support as necessary to assure success.
- Collaborates on and implements behavior management plans, as needed.
- Develops, reviews, and evaluates individual program plans.
- Serves as an advocate for the persons served.
- Provides input to management regarding the needs of program services.
- Makes progress notations, records, and reports as necessary.
- Participates in conferences and other committee meetings as required.
- Handles medical and personal care needs
- Maintains positive, professional relationships and communicates effectively with people supported, family members, staff, care providers, professionals, and the community.
- Adjusts to and implements changing daily schedules, as needed.
- Maintains vehicles used for transporting people throughout the day.
- Participates in staff meetings and in-service training sessions.
- Stays informed about trends and best practices in the field.
- Demonstrates respect for cultural and individual differences when interacting with the people supported, family members, and other professionals and community members.
- Maintains equipment, supplies, facility, and vehicles, as needed.
- Maintains cooperative working relationship with others.
- Manages and/or reports critical incidents, accidents, injuries, seizures, etc., appropriately.
- Ensures safe environmental conditions.
- Transports people in agency vehicles.
- Maintains current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Shares in operational duties of the facility and vehicles.
- Completes other related duties as assigned.
- A commitment to excellence in services and a high level of enthusiasm for the mission. Demonstrated leadership and teambuilding abilities.
- Knowledge of individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Ability to develop Individual Service Plans and implement behavioral plans for people with developmental disabilities. Advocate the philosophy of self-determination and community inclusion for people with developmental disabilities.
- Valid California driver’s license and good driving record. Must meet requirements involving health screening and Department of Justice clearance.
- A four (4) year college degree in a related field and two (2) years of verifiable, continuous experience providing direct care to people with developmental disabilities. Additional experience may be substituted for education.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org