Child Welfare Case Manager
We are hiring for a full time temporary Social Worker I to be placed at the county working with children and families. Candidate must have a BA degree and at least 2 years of case management experience with children and families.
Some job duties include but are not limited to:
• Conducts in-home or on-site visitations
• Determines extent of supportive services needed and develops a case treatment plan
• Provides information and assistance and referrals based on needs assessment
• Interfaces and works in collaboration with other county, government and non profit agencies
• Performs liaison work and problem resolution with other agencies
• Maintain documentation
• Responds to and investigates complaints of abuse, neglect and may take or recommend appropriate action
• Makes assessments of clients in need of in-home care including evaluation of alternative resources in or out of home
• Performs case management functions
• Participates in multidisciplinary care coordination teams
• Provides guidance and information regarding client’s rights to confidentiality and self-determination, family, agency and client responsibilities and legal ramifications or liabilities
• Authorizes child care arrangements
This temp assignment is planned for a year, it could go longer and candidate is welcome to apply for temp to hire if there are appropriate openings. Hours are M – F basic business hours. Job requires home visits so car and clean driving record is required. Selected candidates must be able to clear and extensive background check prior to starting, position will start within a few weeks.